The Executive Committee of the Australian Anthropological Society is seeking expressions of interest in the role of Editor-in-Chief of The Australian Journal of Anthropology
(TAJA), the Society’s flagship journal.
TAJA is published by Wiley three times a year (April, August and December) with at least one issue devoted to a specific topic under the direction of a guest editor. The Journal promotes high quality scholarly articles, multi-media formats and book reviews in anthropology and related disciplines. Though wide ranging in its areas of interest, the journal favours theoretically focused ethnographic analyses based on fieldwork carried out in Australia and countries of the Asia Pacific.
The Editor-in-Chief leads a small editorial staff comprising a Managing Editor and Book Review Editor/s in the timely preparation, review, copy-editing and production of TAJA Issues. They are required to report regularly to the AAS Executive.
- Experienced Anthropologist with fieldwork interests and a strong publishing track record in the Asia Pacific.
- Previous experience in relevant editorial work and journal publishing including multi-media formats.
- Commitment to promote the profile and scholarly standing of the Journal and its policies.
- Capacity to coordinate and liaise with the editorial team, the Wiley Production team, the TAJA Board and the AAS Executive Committee.
- Familiarity with the ScholarOne platform to manage and track manuscripts an advantage.
For further information contact Andrew McWilliam (E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward expressions of interest and brief CV to the AAS Administrator, Diana Tung, at the AAS email address (email@example.com
) by 15 December 2023.